DATA PROTECTION POLICY 2018
Flowerz is committed to protecting your privacy. All public and private organisations are legally obliged to protect any personal information they hold. We operate in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 in respect of any personal information you give to us. For more details on the Data Protection and Freedom of Information Acts please contact the Information Commissioner’s Office.
What do we mean by ‘personal information’?
The Data Protection Act covers any data which concerns a living and identifiable individual and includes such things as: Name, Address, Age or Telephone Number.
What is my personal information used for?
- The business holds details of regular contacts for local groups and contractors
- The business holds contact details for customer orders
- The business holds personal customer information regarding orders in case of complaints or bank issues relating to specific orders
How do you store my personal information?
- We only store your personal information when volunteered to us by you or when they form part of the ordering and enquiry process
- The information is held and managed by the Owner/Manager of the business
- You have the right to have any personal information amended
Who can view my personal information?
- Your personal information will NOT be disclosed to third parties unless required by law or you, prior written consent is sought
- Flowerz records are kept at a secure working location
- Electronic data is held on a password-protected business laptop, with encryption software, which remains the property of Flowerz
- Data is deleted when no longer required
- All unneeded paper data is shredded prior to disposal
How will you contact me?
- We may use your personal information to contact you
- Your personal information will NOT be sold or disclosed to any third parties unless required by law or with your written consent
How to get a copy of your information?
- We will be as open as we can in terms of allowing you access to your information. You can find out if we hold any personal information about you by making a ‘Subject Access Request’ under the Data Protection Act 1998
- A person about whom information is held is entitled for a fee of £10 to be informed by Flowerz if any information is held on Him / Her to: A description of the data; and a copy of the information in an intelligible form
- The person is also entitled to request and receive information pertaining to: the purposes for which the data is being held; the recipients or classes of recipients to whom it may be disclosed; and the source of the data
- The person also has the right to have wrong information corrected, blocked from processing or erased